Supported cameras for RAW editing
Photo Ninja supports most popular digital cameras with RAW formats based on a conventional Bayer RGB or Fujifilm X-Trans color filter arrays. Some exceptions are noted below. If in doubt, try it and see if it works.
Supported cameras (partial list)
The following cameras are believed to be supported in Photo Ninja, though not all have been verified. Even if your camera is not on this list, it might still be supported; try it and see. If your camera does not appear to be supported, send us a sample raw file.
- Canon 1D Mark I/II/III/IV, 1Ds Mark I/II/III, 1D X, 5D Mark I/II/III/IV, 5DS/5DSR,
6D, 7D, 7DMkII, 10D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D, 60D, 70D, 80D, 300D, 350D, 400D, 450D, 500D, 550D, 600D,
670D, 750D, 1000D, 1100D, 1200D, D2000, D30, D60, D6000, M3, M5,
most PowerShot G/S/A models.
[Note: sRAW/mRAW mode for Canon SLRs not yet supported.]
- Nikon D1, D1H, D100, D2H, D2X, D200, D3, D3S, D3X, D300, D3000, D3100, D3200, D3400, D4, D40, D40X, D5, D50, D500, D5000, D5100, D5500, D60, D600, D610, D70, D700, D750, D7000, D7100, D7200, D80, D800/D800E, D810, D90, Df, 1 J1/J3/J5, 1 V1, Coolpix P7000/P7100/P7700, P900
- Fujifilm GFX 50S, X-E2, X-E2s, X-E1, X-Pro1, X-Pro2, X100F, X100T, X100S, X-M1, XQ1, XQ2, X30, X20, X-A1, FinePix X100, X-S1, X-T1, X-T2, X-T10, X-T20, X70
- Hasselblad Lunar
- Konica Minolta Dynax 7D, probably other DiMAGE and Dynax models
- Leica M9, M Monochrom, D-LUX 5, S2, probably other models
- Olympus PenF, E-M5, E-M5ii, E-M1, E-M1 MarkII, E-500, SH-2, probably other E-, C-, and SP- models.
- Panasonic TX101/ZS100, GX8, G7, GH4, DMC-LF1, DMC-GX7, DMC-FZ35, DMC-GH2, DMC-G3, DMC-GX1, DMC-GF5, DMC-GF7, DMC-ZS5, probably other models.
- Phase One IIQ samples from P65 and IQ180 decompress correctly. Probably others, too.
- Pentax K-1 (not Pixel Shift mode) 645Z, K-3, K-01, Q-S1, probably other K- and *ist models.
- Samsung Samsung NX1, NX200, NX100, NX500, NX550, probably other NX models
- Sony A99ii, A77ii, A7, A7R, A7ii, A7Rii, A7Sii, A6000, A6300, A6500, Alpha 68, RX1, RX1r, RX1Rii, DSC-RX100, NEX-7, probably other DSC, DSLR, NEX, and SLT models.
DNG RAW files
Most DNG RAW files based on the conventional Bayer sensor layout are supported. Non-RAW DNG files (which have already been demosaiced) are not currently supported.
Unsupported or partially supported cameras
- Foveon cameras. Unsupported sensor and raw format.
- FujiFilm Super-CCD models (e.g. S2Pro, S3Pro). Images decompress and color is sane, but images are rotated 45 degrees and extra sensor sites are not utilized.
- sRAW and mRAW modes (reduced-resolution raw) for Canon SLRs is not currently supported. (We recommend full-resolution RAW anyway for best quality and flexibility. sRAW and mRAW have limitations beyond resolution.)
- Cameras with CMYK color filter array patterns. This mostly includes a few older point-and-shoot models.
If Photo Ninja can open a RAW file but the editor shows "No Profile" for the camera profile, then it does not have a color matrix for the camera and the colors will look wrong. In this case, if you can send us a flash or daylight exposure of a standard Color Checker (classic, Passport, or SG) chart, we should be able to create a basic color matrix for the camera. Or you can can create one yourself using the profiling tools in Photo Ninja.
The as-shot white balance for most cameras is buried in proprietary makernote data. Photo Ninja can usually parse this, and it will appear in the "WB Levels" item in the "Exif Aux" section of the metadata viewer. If not, then it will attempt to match the white balance of the JPEG preview image embedded in the raw file.