Latest pre-release version of Photo Ninja
Version: 1.2.3b posted March 18, 2014
The software on this page is classified as "pre-release". It is believed to be stable and functional, but we are awaiting confirmation from users before promoting it to official release status. (For the current official release, go to the main Download page.)
NOTE: If you use the pre-release software on this page, please send us an email indicating whether the software appears to be behaving as intended, and on which operating system you are using it.
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later, 64-bit: Click here to download. Installation instructions are here.
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8, 64-bit: Click here to download. Installation instructions are here.
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8, 32-bit: Click here to download. Installation instructions are here.
Changes for V1.2.3b
- March 19 -- Mac version recompiled (and renamed V1.2.3c) to run on some older Macs
- Note: This is a work-in-progress snapshot; we decided to release it because it contains some useful features and fixes even in its current state.
- Added support for Nikon D4S
- On Mac, fixed some instability caused by a compiler bug
- Initial implementation of a new highlight recovery engine. [Currently for XTrans only; we will be supporting it for Bayer cameras shortly, and we expect to do more work on the engine.]
- Improved behavior for the Color Recovery Strength slider (work in progress)
- Can now read CMYK TIFFs (if they have an embedded ICC profile)